- _____________observed that when the lengths of vibrating strings are ratios of integers such as 2 to 3 or 3 to 4, the tones produced will be harmonious.
Your Answer: Pythagoras
- _____________ wrote in his de Anima that impacts, blows, or impingements are required to produce sound.
Your Answer: Aristotle
- _____________ made a significant contribution to the theory of acoustics in his Principia by deciphering the relationship between the speed of sound and the gas it is in.
Your Answer: Isaac Newton
- The ______________ of a periodic wave is a measure of its change over a single period that indicates deviation from the point of equilibrium.
Your Answer: Amplitude
- Low frequency buildup describes a particular type of constructive _____________in the low frequency spectrum.
Your Answer: Interference
- The ________________is the point space where an audio engineer (or other listener) is most likely to be sitting for monitoring and mixing.
Your Answer: Mix Position
- ______________ are waves that remain in a constant position.
Your Answer: Standing Waves
- ______________ are any materials or structures that is naturally or designed to be acoustically unreflective.
Your Answer: Absorbers
- _____________ describes the bending of waves around small obstacles and the propagation and spreading through openings and around corners.
Your Answer: Diffraction
- _____________ describes the tendency for sounds to spread out evenly in a consistent medium.
Your Answer: Diffusion
- ______________ is measured in Hertz abbreviated Hz: 1 Hz = 1 cycle per second.
Your Answer: Frequency
- ______________ can be constructive or deconstructive depending on the phase relationship of the offending waves.
Your Answer: Interference
- _____________ are the resonant frequencies of an enclosed structure.
Your Answer: Room Modes
- Longer ______________ will require larger absorption materials/constructs.
Your Answer: Wavelengths
- A(n) _______________ will cause sound energy to be radiated in many directions.
Your Answer: Diffuser
Hunter Wright — Indianapolis Recording Connection
More Blog Entries from Hunter Wright
_____________observed that when the lengths of vibrating strings are ratios of integers such as 2 to 3 or 3 to 4, the tones produced will be harmonious... Read More >>
gave us the NECAM – the first console to have moving fader automation. Your Answer: Rupert Neve _________ mode in Pro Tools is an automation mode that means nothing is written, but any previous passes will be played in real time... Read More >>