- What is MIDI an acronym for?
Your Answer: Musical Instrument Digital Interface
- A working version of the MIDI protocol was presented by __________________ at the 1981 AES Convention.
Your Answer: Dave Smith and Chet Wood
- Velocity refers to:
Your Answer: The force by which a given note is struck
- A method of control for electronic Instruments which predates MIDI?
Your Answer: control voltage
- A typical MIDI Signal Contains
Your Answer: Note Start/Stop, Note Number, Velocity
- Polyphony refers to:
Your Answer: The ability to play more than one note at a time
- What type of MIDI track do we create to start recording immediately with a SOFTWARE synthesizer (virtual instrument)?
Your Answer: Instrument Track
- Moving MIDI notes vertically in the MIDI Editor alters what?
Your Answer: notes values and/or pitches
- What options do we have for reducing the 'robotic' feel of quantized MIDI recordings?
Your Answer: Quantize Amount, Velocity, Swing
- In XPand, what does a patch consist of?
Your Answer: All of the Above
- In Structure Free, what is an easy way to create a patch from any existing audio?
Your Answer: dragging audio from the Finder window
- True or False: MIDI clips contain audio
Your Answer: False
- What are the three built in software instruments included with Pro Tools?
Your Answer: Structure, XPand, Boom
- What synth parameters might we adjust over time, to make our MIDI recordings more interesting?
Your Answer: all of the above
- Which two synthesizers were involved at the first public MIDI connection at the 1983 Winter NAMM Show?
Your Answer: Sequential Circuits Prophet-600 and Roland Jupiter-6
Hunter Wright — Indianapolis Recording Connection
More Blog Entries from Hunter Wright
_____________observed that when the lengths of vibrating strings are ratios of integers such as 2 to 3 or 3 to 4, the tones produced will be harmonious... Read More >>
gave us the NECAM – the first console to have moving fader automation. Your Answer: Rupert Neve _________ mode in Pro Tools is an automation mode that means nothing is written, but any previous passes will be played in real time... Read More >>